Forces Home Insurance

Home Insurance

Get a QuoteAs one of the leading brokers in the military insurance market our goal is to provide you with insurance products of the highest quality and greatest value, whatever your circumstances.
  • Quote in seconds
  • Buy online NOW
  • Married or single
  • No direct debit charges
  • No cancellation charges
  • No amendment fees

Forces Home insurance is aimed at married or co-habiting personnel who normally require higher levels of home contents cover. It is a flexible policy that you can change as you acquire more possessions or your circumstances change, such as being posted overseas. The minimum level of contents cover is £15,000.

Forces Kit insurance is specifically designed for single military personnel or married personnel living in single living accommodation. It automatically includes room contents cover of up to £2,000. You simply choose the level of cover you require for your military kit and your personal possessions.

Forces Home for couples and families & Forces Kit for individuals cover includes

  • Military kit & equipment
  • Home or room contents
  • Personal possessions
  • Accidental damage
  • Transit moves
  • Theft of money
  • Legal expenses
  • Spectacles
  • Frozen food
  • Personal legal liability
  • Licence to occupy cover
  • Worldwide cover

Military equipment

Cover for military uniforms and equipment on personal charge for your sole use. Temporary issued equipment is automatically covered for up to £15,000.

Personal effects & valuables

This covers loss or damage to personal possessions anywhere in the world on a new for old basis. All small electrical gadgets such as mobile phones, laptops, ipads are covered for up to £500 each. If you have individual small electrical gadgets worth more than £500 simply let us know and we will make sure they are covered. Similarly for expensive valuables like jewellery or watches over £1,500 let us know.

Home or room contents

Protection for loss or damage to your room or home contents by fire, flood, theft; accidental loss or damage cover is automatically included as are transit moves within the UK or overseas.

Personal legal liability

This provides protection for your legal costs and damages awarded against you, if you, or any member of your family living with you causes accidental injury to other person(s) or damage to their property. Family pets such as cats and dogs but not dangerous dogs are regarded as family members.

Licence to occupy cover

If you occupy service accommodation, either as a single person or in a married quarter, you will have signed a Service Licence to Occupy contract. Within this agreement there is a clause that states that you are liable for damage up to at least the sum advised currently by the MOD, which from 1st August 2011 was set at £20,000. We automatically provide cover for this in our policy.

Legal expenses

If you have a legal problem and need to discuss it with someone our legal help line is there for you to use whichever country you are based in. In certain areas such as employment disputes, contractual disputes and personal injury you can be provided with up to £75,000 of legal expenses.

How much will it cost?

Premiums are very competitive for both single and married personnel. We have different rates for those based in the UK and those based overseas. You simply select the levels of cover that suit your personal circumstances. For military personnel there are three sections – military kit, personal possessions/valuables and household contents. For civilians attached, obviously, there is no need for military equipment cover.

How do I pay?

Payment is normally made by monthly direct debit from your UK bank account. No extra cost is charged. The direct debit system is tightly controlled and offers many guarantees for you. Collection is usually made on the first working day of each month.

Is there a policy excess?

In common with most household insurances, there is an excess. The excess of £50 is for each and every claim except small electrical items such as laptops and mobile phones which have a £75 excess.

I would like more information

That is no problem simply call our Customer Service team on +44 (0) 1243 817777. Our opening hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday – Friday. We shall be pleased to provide further information or arrange cover for you.

As one of the leading brokers in the military insurance market our goal is to provide you with insurance products of the highest quality and greatest value, whatever your circumstances. 

Our insurance provides protection either in UK or overseas, whether single, married or simply living together. Unfortunately if you are based in Canada or the USA we are unable to provide cover.

PDF Forces Home Summary of Cover PDF Forces Home Policy Wording

Get a Quote